Icon Producer Series: Dre / Dilla Edition - The HI-FI1043 Virginia Ave #4 Indianapolis,IN
02/17/2018 9:00 PM - 02/17/2018 11:00 PM
Icon Producer Series: Dre / Dilla Edition
a) Teams must have one producer and one emcee.
b) Teams may also include one vocalist and one DJ (must notify up front).
c) Teams will create 3 new songs from criteria below.
d) Teams will perform their 3 songs (10-minute minimum length) live at event.
e) Teams will be judged by an experienced panel based on the creation, performance, and how well they utilize the elements given (further details below).
f) Winning team gets a cash prize & interview by the New Old Heads for their Backstage series.
SONG CREATION PROCESS
0) Teams will select 3 Dilla songs and utilize those songs and the original samples to create their entry.
1) Producers will need to go and find the music themselves to sample or re-interpolate as it will not be provided. We’re taking it back to the digging element. You find the song, you rip it how you want, and you provide the goodness back to us.
2) Emcees need to write songs that draw inspiration from the original songs (or Dilla’s flip) – yet is still original in feel.
To sign up, you must submit to us a 3-track project, that is at minimum 10-minutes in length, no later than 2/13/18 at midnight. This submission process will confirm the contestants spot in the competition, but it’s first come first serve. The recording doesn’t have to be the best recording in the world, but you must show us you are ready to come and show out! Only the first 10 teams will be chosen/allowed to perform/sign up.
TEAMS WILL BE JUDGED BY
1) their overall performance execution
2) how well producer sampled/re-interpolated sample to create dope new beat
3) how well the emcee utilized the original song to create the idea for song
4) how original/fresh their ideas are collectively (ie, not carbon-copying)